Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Dry Land Tourist Chronicles: Lime Cay

After numerous near trips, I finally made it to Lime Cay!

Lime Cay, a small island off the coast of Kingston, is home of one of most beautiful beaches in all of Jamaica.

Accessible only by water, Lime Cay is popular with local boat owners.

The waters just off Lime Cay Beach, along with the smaller even more isolated cays, are excellent places to go snorkeling, explore underwater caves, and watch for wildlife. These little islands are close to the Norman Manley International Airport, so you can sit back, relax, and watch the flights arrive from all around the world.


NASA Visible Color Landsat image of Port Royal Cays with islets and shoals



On May 2, 2015, I attended a beach fellowship with the Rotary Club of Portmore. Clear waters & seas were the perfect backdrop for a beach day.  It was the perfect day to sail to Lime Cay.

We got there in about there in about 30 minutes (we were cruising). Unlike the boat taxi, the yacht was not able to take us to shore so we had to travel by Jet Ski. It was my first time on a Jet Ski & being a none swimmer I was scared! Nonetheless, I sternly instructed my driver to take it slow. Maybe my next Lime Cay trip I will be brave enough to truly enjoy a Jet Ski.

Once on Lime Cay, I couldn't help but bask in the sheer beauty of the cay.  My mini vlog below shows how I spent my day.




Also.......here are a few pictures from the trip:


A #Selfie before boarding the boat

Royal Jamaica Yacht Club

Royal Jamaica Yacht Club

Royal Jamaica Yacht Club

Ready to go!
My Island inspired outfit

Feeling myself a little too much

Lime Cay here I come!

Still feeling myself hahahaha



Heading home


Old Naval Hospital at Port Royal


Port Royal

Morgan's Harbour Hotel


Morgan's Harbour Hotel



Getting to Lime Cay is quite easy even without access to a Yacht:

From Morgan’s Harbour, a shuttle or boat rental for the day can be arranged, but for the intrepid visitors, a small fee will convince a fisherman in the town of Port Royal to give you a ride to the island in the morning and return for you in the evening. (http://www.visitjamaica.com/lime-cay)

No trip to Kingston, Jamaica is complete without a quick trip to Lime Cay! You won't regret it!

See you next trek...


5 comments:

  1. Amazing post dear!
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/printed-sea-3880191

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamaica is STILL on my list of places to visit. I'll definitely have to remember Lime Cay! #BLMGirl

    ReplyDelete