Pages

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

#DryLandTouristChronicles: I Love SXM Diary....Day 3



Friday, May 29, 2015 will be etched in my mind for the rest of my existence! I don't think any of us knew what the Conference steering committee had in store for us. The morning began with sessions & an award ceremony. The award ceremony was a proud moment for me because all the clubs in my Region (Jamaica East) won at least one award.



Introducing my Past President Rotarian Travis who presented on Project Proposal
Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020



Myself & Nicole
Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020

My Haitian sister Emmanuelle
Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020


Collecting the Rotaract Club of St. Thomas' Silver Award on their behalf
Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020


Loterie Farm Pool Party

Loterie Farm in relation to Sonesta Maho Beach

In the afternoon, we were told that we were going to a pool party at Loterie Farm...we did not know that we were going to the most EPIC pool party ever!!!! Things started pretty tame (at least on my bus). When we got to Loterie Farm, we all got leis & an Australian Gold sponsored token. We were also given one hour free access to the bar & not just for boring mixed drinks...we had access to top shelf liquor. In that hour, I had Hennessy, Rose, Johnny Walker & only my Lord knows what else.... I was lit...not drunk but lit. That is when things went from 0 to 100 real quick.

The perfect party soundtrack was provided by DJ Em (check out his page here). He was EXCELLENT!!!! It takes a lot for a DJ to impress me & he definitely impressed me with his turntable skills.


Top : Gift from my friend Yasmin (Repping the 242)| Skirt: Downtown Kingston| Sandals: Reeci's Pieces

Nicole & I

Me & my SXM & Haitian Fam


The Roof of the Bar was so cool

View of the Pool from the bar

My inner Dancehall Queen was set free

Inside the 'Jamaica' cabana
Second OOTD Playsuit - Gift from Mom

Myself & one of the bartenders

Another of my BVI friends Elvon

Here is a mini vlog of my Loterie Farm experience.



I definitely recommend a trip to the Loterie Farm if you ever visit St. Martin.... French sophistication meets Caribbean chic.

A little about the Loterie Farm....

"Loterie Farm can be accessed from the road leading to Pic Paradis, the island's highest elevation. The 155 acre property is one of the largest undivided properties on [the] island. Californian BJ Welsh turned this former plantation into a significant private nature reserve.

The Loterie Farm opens its door to a wonderful tropical forest mixing eco-adventure, laid back luxury and a dose of Caribbean cool.

The recently opened up “L’eau lounge cabana club & piscine de source” promises to be an exceptional swimming experience. 

With more than 500 square meters of free form multi-level swimming areas connected by cascades and lush tropical vegetation, the L’eau lounge swimming pool is filled with 100% of natural spring water coming the Pic Paradis, the highest peak of the island. 

The 11 chic avec very stylish cabanas are for rent of a daily basis and can accommodate up to 10 guests. 

“L’eau lounge cabana club & piscine de source” creates and offers a bucolic environment which harmonizes a unique swimming experience with the natural surroundings.


For me information on the Loterie Farm check out their website here.


Soggy Dollar Bar : "Blue Jeans: Wacky Edition" Party
Later that night we hit up Soggy Dollar Bar at the Palapa Marina in Simpson Bay. Soggy Dollar is one of the hottest night clubs in St. Maarten. The vibe at the club was nice but I think I was too tired from the pool party to really appreciate it. 
Soggy Dollar really reminded me of Pier 1 in Montego Bay. Both have the same open air set up and high energy. The DJ was also really good (I don't remember his name though).

Soggy Dollar actually gave us access to their VIP lounge for the night. We had our own bar and seating area. The lounge area was very comfortable.

Soggy Dollar Bar in relation to Sonesta Maho Beach

Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020


Photo Credit: Rotaract District 7020

For me information on Soggy Dollar check out their website here| Facebook here| Twitter here.

I really had fun dressing up for this party although my inspiration was more 'Rude Girl Swag' than wacky. My friend Shani had got me a flannel shirt from a charity thrift shop in Mobay which I decided to use as the focal point of my outfit.

Rude Gyal Swag

My OOTD
Flannel: Thrifted| White Top: Downtown| Cut Off: DIY| Stockings: Gift| Patent Combat Boots

Lips  Milani Black Cherry purchased from The Fashion Council (here)


After the club I had a little photo session big up my photographer Nicole.....

Repping the 345


Always a rep Yaad 876 in the 721


I'm Outchea

I hope you are enjoying the I Love SXM Travel Diary.

Stay tuned for the final entries!

Thanks for stopping by



1 comment: