Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

....

Today I had a new experience. One of my 14 year old female students stabbed another girl with  a compass. My heart sank when I went into the front office and saw her because I knew she was in trouble yet again. At the time I didn't know the extent of the trouble. When I began speaking to her she was in a rage, I knew that rage personally because its the rage I get whenever I'm truly angry. All she kept saying was that she's ready to go home permanently, so I asked her where she lives and she told me, I also asked if she lives with her family and she said she lives with her mom and that her mom had 7 children but 3 died.

I constantly tell my students that anger and fighting will not solve every problem in life. I also tell them that growing up means learning to control their emotions and being smart about their choices.


This generation is not easy to deal with but for the sake of their future I try my hardest to be a positive role model or just a listening ear, or a hug, or advice, or homework help.

1 comment:

  1. You're doing a great job - keep it up.
    This generation is surely different. So young - so fragile. It requires a new set of skills to deal with this bunch...and it only gets better if you know what I mean).

    Regards xx

    ReplyDelete