Pages

Saturday, March 27, 2010

A New Me?

I know it is cliche, the thought of reinventing one's self but it is a step I am in serious need of. I have been unemployed for 3 months and in a country like mine, that is so so so not good. I live with my mom, aunt and Grandma but unfortunately only my mom works. To make matters worst, she works with the government and like most other public sector workers, she makes enough to pay the bills.

Life for me has come to a halt and I know I might sound like a brat but I can't even buy myself a perfume and that isn't so fun. You see I got a great elementary, high and university education, never got pregnant too young, never had too many boyfriends, never partied much, and never had much friends to lead me astray...except for not having a steady church membership, I was basically a great child. However, I was a victim of the scarce job market (A task that was my own doing). I was employed for a year as a GIS Technician but I kinda got annoyed and left when I got an opportunity to teach for 4 months. armed with faith that something permanent may come, I leaped and fell flat on my face!!!

So now I am sitting at home, facebooking, watching TV and becoming annoyed by my life in general. I try to have faith but truth be told it is very hard. I live in a country ran by nepotism, pedigree and luck. I, unfortunately, possess neither of the three. So I sit in my little bubble praying (to God who is either ignoring me or is just annoyed that I am not seeing the bigger picture) hoping for a change!!!!!

Hey, I value being able to go watch a movie when I want to and buying pointless pieces of clothing that sit in my closet due to my lack of social exploits, buy scents that I no longer have a boyfriend to appreciate.

If this time last year someone told me this would be my life, I would have laughed!!!! However, this is my life and instead of moping and bitching, I'm going to take the bull by the balls and do the damn thing!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment