Pages

Sunday, March 16, 2014

Shanny's Weekend Musings: March 7-9, 2014

My weekends are usually filled with alot of adventures so I decided to blog about my musings. Here is a recap of my weekend trods:

Friday: Bacchanal Opening night at Mas Camp. 
I am a socaphile...I ADMIT IT. I love the gyrating and wukking up my body, so it was a no brainer that last weekend I would venture to Mas Camp for the start of the Bacchanal season.
DJ Smoke, DJ Sanjay & DJ Richie Ras played all my favourite soca tunes which kept me feteing all night long. 




$900 JMD well spent! Appleton Genesis & Pure Country Orange Juice had me feeling nice!

My band says I am LEGAL!!!
Saturday: Emancipation Park & Cafe Delight
Some down time with friends is always a necessary part of anyones life & I am no different. My Saturday evening began with a one hour walking around Emancipation Park with a dear friend of mine. Emancipation Park is a 7-Acres park in New Kingston. More information can be found on it at http://www.emancipationpark.org.jm/about-us/index.php. It was refreshing to sit in the park and watch the wedding parties and families having picnics. Living in the city can sometimes feel rushed, so places like Emancipation Park gives a rather serene break from it all.

http://www.emancipationpark.org.jm/about-us/history-of-emancipation-park.php

In the night, I met some Rotaract friends for a lyme at Cafe Delite on Haining Road. It was a nice chill vibe  & much needed chance to share laughs with some great people.

My Rotaract Family

Sunday: Kingston City Run & Rotary Club of St. Andrew North Family Funday

Myself, My Mom & some members of my New Kingston Rotaract Family participated in the Kingston City Run. Our participation kickstarted out Celebration of World Rotaract Week (March 9-15). This year the run's charity focus was on providing sustainable support to the Homeless in Kingston & Jamaica, Event though I walked most of the race, I am proud I finished and supported the cause. Here is my time:

Place: 1013   Bin #: 1657 Shana Reid   Gun Time: 55:35   Class Place: SF18-29  150/188   Gender Place: 483 Pace/Km 9:56   Chip Time: 54:15 


The Team

Thank God I can stand...lol
I am a winner not matter what!

In the afternoon, I went to Hayfield in Ewarton, St. Catherine for the Rotary Club of St. Andrew North Family Funday. It was a refreshing experience and I can't wait for next year. Food, rides, fun activities & liquor galore! It was a big family picnic with games, rides & lots of food.

I haven't been in a bouce about for ages!

Me & Viv on the train



I love swings!
That was my weekend and I enjoyed every second of it!

           
Thanks for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment