Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas....

Call me the Grinch! Christmas is not my favourite time of the year. Why? Because I equate it with ALOT of UNNECESSARY spending! However, yesterday I was reminded of the true meaning and spirit of the season!

My club works with the Jamaica Autism Support Association once a month with their project "Activate Yourself." We spend the last Saturdays of the month (usually) spending quality time with young adults on the Autism Spectrum. This activity has changed my life for the better! It is wonderful spending time with these youths. They are frank, loving and kind.

So... yesterday JASA held a Christmas Party for all the kids and families aligned to the association. We assisted with decor and engaging our Activate Yourself friends.

Seeing the sheer joy on the kids faces and the love their families share, made me step back and forget the insanity of the world!!!!!! It reminded me of what Christmas represents...LOVE!

Love is the greatest gift we can give to each other this season so let's focus on giving more LOVE rather than vanity!



Peace Dolls

No comments:

Post a Comment